Prevention Services: TRUTH, GAP, KIDS Personal Safety, FPRP, and BRIC
Since 1993, Manatee Children’s Services offers several nationally accredited programs with the mission of preventing child abuse and promoting healthy family functioning.
As our largest program within MCS served, our prevention programs served 16,000 clients last year!
How to help our prevention programs
- Art and recreational supplies for family bonding (craft kits, board games, building kits, etc.)
- New socks, shoes, and underwear (all sizes)
- School uniforms (all sizes)
- New household items for reunified families (dishes, bedding, and furniture)
- Gift cards for children and families to purchase personal items
- Gift cards for family experiences/outings
- Gift cards for groceries and gas
- General monetary donations for unrestricted funds to support program operating expenses
For more information on our Prevention programs, contact Jocina Newsome, Prevention Services Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MCS provides a full spectrum of programs serving over 16,000 children and families annually. Since its inception in 1977 as the Manatee County’s first and only emergency shelter for abused children in foster care, MCS has grown to offer programs in treatment, prevention, intervention, and residential services.