Internships at MCS
Internships at Manatee Children’s Services assist university students working toward their Master of Social Work or Licensed Clinical Social Work degrees with gaining experience directly related to child advocacy and social work. Interns at MCS help minimize trauma to child victims of abuse, coordinate collaborative responses to child abuse, help children heal from trauma, and work to increase community awareness and prevention of child abuse.
Interns at MCS will:
- Become familiar with policies and procedures for Child Advocacy Centers and gain an understanding of the overall community response to child abuse.
- Gain experience in victim advocacy, forensic evaluation, case management, clinical interventions, and wraparound care.
- Develop his/her own personal client interaction style and philosophy.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team staffings.
- Complete professional development specific to his/her career goals.
- Become skilled in trauma-focused care for at-risk children and families.
All interns must pass a Level 2 background check and drug screening. Interns must also maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times and demonstrate integrity while working with diverse populations. Please review our MCS internship application.
For more information about our internship programs, contact Celeste Martens, MCS Clinical Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.